Happy 2nd Year Hair Anniversary to Me!
This August marked my 2nd year going natural, and boy has it been a journey! My hair has gone through a transformation that I didn't expect it to. Although with all the processing, and coloring going natural has allowed my hair to go back to when I was eight. Long, think, and strong.
I tried a lot of products, spent way to much money if you ask my husband, but I finally got a core group of products and homemade remedies that are my go-to's.
On a deeper level, going natural has really changed my outlook on beauty. Growing up, my hair was apart of my identity. I felt pretty with long hair, and without it it felt like there was a whole that needed to be filled with other things; new clothes, new shoes...boys maybe? I moved passed that stage in my life, well the new clothes thing is a struggle, but going natural has gave me confidence in how I look, however I choose to look including my hair. I rock a fro with pride and some twist for sass. If I want to accessories with an outfit I may floss some wigs as well. I don't feel obligated to any specific look and that is so freeing to me.
I get many compliments on my hair, and I noticed that there are a lot of women that have the desire to go natural, but say "I can never go without my relaxer" or "I can't go to work looking like that" or they have no idea where to start . Believe me, I understand. I hope that through my blog site I'm able to help some of you get started on a wonderful journey. Not everyones path going natural will be the same, but if I can encourage and inspire some you out there that would be a great accomplishment.
Check out my v-blog below
![]() |
| Sporting a 1970's flare |



No comments:
Post a Comment