Sunday, August 7, 2011

I'm Back! Camping Hair Update


Hey Fam! Oh my goodness it's been forever since I've been on here, and I've missed you guys soooo much. With moving into the new place, going to camp with the kids and adjusting to my new work schedule it's been difficult to blog with ya. But, I'm finally getting into my grove and ready to catch you up on my hair battles, the battles I've won and lost. Luckily I have no reports of battles lost, but I have a win!
Last month I went to Woodleaf for a week with Young Life, the mentoring program I'm a leader for, and had a blast! The day before we left, my hubby and I were moving into our new place and I had absolutely no time to put my hair in a protective style. I knew that I would be swimming and getting dirty so I made sure to pack up some hair essentials to make sure I don't come home bald.
My hair in a bun, on the way to Woodleaf. It was in this style for at least two days


What I took with me:
*Shea Moisture Curl Enhancing Smoothie
*Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Curl & Style Milk
*Shea Moisture Coconut & Hibiscus Hold & Shine Moisture Mist
*Shea Moisture Raw Shea Butter Restorative Conditioner
*She Moisture Raw Shea Butter Moisture Retention Shampoo
*Kinky Curly Spiral Spritz
*Hair Dryer
*Comb/ Paddle Brush
And the Star of the show...
*Reciprocitee Hair Butter (V-blog coming soon)
As you can see, I had an extensive amount of hair products to go camping, but I didn't know what the weather was going to be like, or how my hair was going to react to the chlorine and dirt so I went prepared.

I got crazy dirty after doing the race cars. Dirt all in my hair!

My first wash of the week. I used the Shea Moisture conditioner as a leave in and added the Reciprocitee Hair Butter on the ends of my hair. Rocked a side pony for Cowboy night. Yee Haw! 

I didn't want to have to wash my hair again, so I tried my best to have it wrapped up during Messy Games, and boy did we get messy. I was covered in mud. But, my hair survived...well until that night. 
Carnival Night, the kids played games to win tickets. The tickets earned them a right to have a leader get pied in the face or dunked in the tank. I got pied TWICE and dunked. My kids are the greatest, lol. It's part of the job. 


Rocking the curly fro

So after getting the shaving cream all out my hair, I let my hair hang lose. I shampooed it, conditioned it and added some Kinky Curly Spritz for my curls. Leaving my hair out lasted about an hour before I put it up again. It was too hot to have my hair down on my neck. 
Overall, what I thought might be a troublesome hair journey ended up turning out just fine.  At the end of my trip, my hair was well conditioned and healthy as can be.  

1 comment:

  1. Looking forward to seeing how you like Reciprocitee's Hair Butter Creme! Thx for taking the time:)

    ReplyDelete